[Qgis-user] RE: [Qgis-developer] New snapshot of OpenStreetMap plugin

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 03:29:08 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 12:25 +0200, Standaert Arnout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few questions relating to the OSM plugin... I'm trying to use it on Qgis 1.1.0 unstable (Pan), based on revision 10748.
>
> When trying to load OSM data from a file, I get this error: "You don't have OSM provider installed!".
> I suppose this is a problem with the unstable build I'm using? It probably hasn't been compiled with OSM provider support in it?

Hi, you need to manually add the osm provider

== Installation ==

Requirements: you need QGIS sources, at least v1.0.0, preferably SVN
trunk.

1. download OSM provider:
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/osm_provider-snapshot-090601.tar.gz

2. unpack to source into src/providers/

3. modify src/providers/CMakeLists.txt - add "osm" to the list of
subdirectories

4. recompile and install qgis

5. using plugin installer, fetch the "OpenStreetMap plugin" from my
repository:
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/plugins-sandbox.xml

6. restart qgis