[Qgis-user] Problems installing QGIS 1.0.2

Mike Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 24 00:29:51 PDT 2009

Brian J. Torreano wrote:
> Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian,

You installed the MSVC 2008 Redistributable Package (x86),[1] right? If
this didn't fix it, try clearing the QuantimGIS entry in the Windows
registry.  If you're brave, go to Start > Run, type regedit and OK.

Within the Registry editor, navigate using the left-hand browser:
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QuantumGIS

(I'm guessing this is in here for the previous version of QGIS, but I
don't know for sure)

Select QuantumGIS folder from left-hand side and delete it. Be very
careful with this step, and make sure you are only deleting this folder
and nothing else.

-Mike

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en