[Qgis-user] Re: Azimuth and Distance Plugin (was Re: your old qgis plugins)

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:57:10 PST 2009

Hi Mauricio,

I'm not 100% sure what is going on with the precision. I suspect the
snapping feature will solve this, as the difference is quite small.  I
zoomed in to 2:1 (e.g. as far as I could) and clicked as close as I possibly
could to a corner vertex, and then when I drew my feature, it doesn't line
up (although the difference is minute in terms of actual distance)

I guess I'm still not 100% clear on how the coordinates are entered.  What
does the 'zenith' column mean?  I have a lot of plans that give angles
relative to north or south (so they are displayed as Nxxdxx'xx"W or
Sxxdxx'xx"E for example).  I can convert these to a 360-based azimuth, but
it would be nice to be able to enter these without doing any prior
conversions.

It looks like the zooming issue is fixed now!

Thanks for all of your work on this--please let me know if I can provide any
further information or testing for you.

Cheers,

Darren Cope
http://dmcope.freeshell.org