[Qgis-user] QGIS intallation, Windows XP, TIFFUnsetField, libtiff.dll

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Nov 29 09:56:06 PST 2009

Hi Patrick,

On Sun, 29. Nov 2009 at 12:06:45 +0100, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
> I have seen on the list that Agustin Lobo had a quite similar trouble:

> <http://n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-TIFFSetField-in-libtiff-dll-td2271128.html>,

> but I cannot find out if whether it was solved or not and if so how...

In that thread Frank suspected that there is a libtiff.dll in Agus system32
directory.  That was the case and Agus removed it.  That helped.

Unfortunately it's not possible to have Windows find OSGeo4W's libtiff.dll
before the one in system32 and removing it or replacing it with the OSGeo4W
version might break the software that originally put it there.

But in that case it might help to put the original libtiff.dll into the same
directory as the .EXE of the other software.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden