[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS intallation, Windows XP, TIFFUnsetField, libtiff.dll

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:29:33 PST 2009

Patrick,

Yours seems to be a different problem. I had libtiff.dll in both
C:\windows\system32 and C:\OSGeo4W\bin. Deleting the in
C:\windows\system32 solved the problem. So you should not
move libtiff.dll into C:/WINDOWS/system32

Have you tried gdalinfo -version on the osgeo console?
In any case, you should send your question to osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
also.

I'm now reviewing the osgeo4w installation, which I do for students
only as I prefer ubuntu for my own work. I think that
the best is using the automatic installation for GDAL and GRASS
(not for QGIS, as this installs a very old version) first (which takes
a looong time) and the use the Advenced installation to select QGIS 1.3.0.1
under the desktop section, plus the libraries I mentioned in step 6 in
http://sites.google.com/site/eospansite/qsig-for-windows
(but note that the rest of those directions are outdated)
It seems we are getting good results with this procedure, but we are really
looking into it now. My main OS is not windows.

Agus