[Qgis-user] Problems at installing python plugins on 1.3.0 Mimas Windows - Standalone

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 23:23:39 PDT 2009

Hi!

Yes ArcGIS brings it's own copy of Python with it (with ArcGIS 9.2 it is
Python 2.4).
And of course ArcGIS sets the System wide Path to it's own version of
Python.
Probably this PATH isn't cleaned out when uninstalling ArcGIS? I never
tried it.

I'd recommend investigating the PATH and uninstalling the Python24 from
ArcGIS also - if it doesn't get uninstalled automatically by cleaning
out arcgis..

good luck

Werner