[Qgis-user] translations deadlines...

Christian Ferreira chris.for.lists at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:33:30 PDT 2009

Tim and all,

I suggest two weeks instead of one before each major release. But, I agree
working on trunk to avoid lots of work at the last minute.

My opinion is: some translations sometimes may be old or don't match
perfectly, and for translators is helpful using QGIS for a while to see
points where the translations may be changed/improved to match with the
actual release. So, something like a Release Candidate for 2 weeks could
provide us this time.

Also, the terminology for Brazilian Portuguese is a bit hard, since half of
the GIS people already use lots of English words, making the translation
difficult (to find the actual right terms for our language).

Best regards,
Christian

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

Christian Ferreira
Oceanographer
IFM-GEOMAR Leibniz-Institute of Marine Sciences
Kiel - Germany

Poseidon Linux team
http://www.poseidonlinux.org