[Qgis-user] Building QGIS service pack with all dependencies for fedora 10

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Oct 7 13:46:20 PDT 2009

Elavazhagan. M wrote:

> Hello List,
>

> I was trying to build a kind of QGIS service pack (one click
> installer) for fedora10 with all dependencies packed so that it can be
> distributed to other machines where there is no internet connectivity.
> I have been striving with various options (like pkgenpack) but with no
> success.
>

> Is there a way to create a complete package with all dependencies
> which will require no internet connectivity when installed? Can
> someone please point me in the right direction?

If the unconnected machines are all identically installed and updated,
then by connecting one machine to the internet, you could probably use:

yumdownloader --resolve --destdir <a target directory> qgis

to get all rpms necessary to install QGIS and fulfil dependencies. Then
take that directory full of rpms to all other computers and do:

rpm -i *.rpm

If the unconnected machines are not equal, or updated at different
stages, I'd say you have a problem  ;-(

--

Micha