[Qgis-user] Crash on continuous color legend type

Daniel Arribas-Bel daniel.arribas.bel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:46:10 PDT 2009

Hi!

Just a quick note to let you now this morning, after the mail thread, I did
the following:

   1. sudo apt-get purge qgis*
   2. Add 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable<http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu>'
   and comment out all the other qgis repos
   3. install qgis via Synaptic

And I'm now getting beautiful maps again using Symbology :)

Thank you all very much,

]d[

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Lionel Roubeyrie
<lroubeyrie at limair.asso.fr>wrote:

> Two weeks ago, on a fresh Jaunty install (not upgrading, but a totally new
> installation after a disk formating), the recommanded PPA (
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu jaunty main) returned the
> 1.5 version, and by the way qgis crashed when changing symbology type. I had
> to make an apt-get purge qgis* and switch to the ubuntugis repository to
> have a stable qgis with libgdal1.6...
>

> Micha Silver a écrit :
>
>> Lionel Roubeyrie wrote:
>>
>>> Jürgen,
>>> Hmm, maybe the download page on the website should be updated because it
>>> is the recommanded PPA...
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>>  Do I understand correctly that the regular apt repo (not ubuntugis)
>> listed on the qgis site:
>>
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu jaunty main deb-src
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu jaunty main
>>
>> gives you incompatible packages (gdal 1.5 with qgis needing gdal 1.6) ???

> --
> Lionel Roubeyrie - lroubeyrie at limair.asso.fr
> Chargé d'études et de maintenance
> LIMAIR - la Surveillance de l'Air en Limousin
> http://www.limair.asso.fr

Daniel Arribas-Bel
Mail: darribas at unizar.es

Department of Economic Analysis
Universidad de Zaragoza (www.unizar.es)

GeoDa Center for Geospatial Analysis and Computation (geodacenter.asu.edu)
Arizona State University (USA)