[Qgis-user] python error spqr

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 04:41:12 PDT 2009

As per the rpy website, you also need to install numpy and the winapi python
package:
http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy_download.html

If you are using the OSGeo installed qgis, you will also probably need to
make sure to
use the OSGeo installer to install rpy and the various other python
libraries required...

Hope that helps,

Carson

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Markus Nater <mark.nater at gmail.com> wrote:

>  well, the thing is, that I would like to use this module, of course.
> so, when I'm looking into C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python25\lib\site-packages, I can
> see that there are some files called rpy. As well I just installed
> rpy1.0-RC2 onto my system. but as the install directory the installer gives
> me always C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\. could this be a problem may be?
>

> Borys Jurgiel schrieb:
>
> Dne středa 14 října 2009 11:36:17 Markus Nater napsal(a):
>

>  Hello List
>
> I have always an error when I'm opening QGIS, that it can not load th
> spqr plugin as it doesn't find the win32api.
> I have installed everything trough th Osgeo4w installer. I also have
> python26 and python30 installed on my system. But honestley, I don't
> know what this all does together. Can somebody help me on this?
>

>  It's because the SPQR plugin needs the python-rpy module (I don't remember
> whether this one is available in OSGeo4Win, but I mean rpy, not rpy2, what is
> required by other R-related plugins!).
>
> If you can't install this module and you don't need the SPQR plugin, you can
> just remove the spqr directory from:
> C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/markus/.qgis//python/plugins

Carson Farmer
National Centre for Geocomputation
John Hume Building,
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
Maynooth,
Co. Kildare,
Ireland.
www.carsonfarmer.com