[Qgis-user] mxd on Qgis

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Fri Oct 30 04:32:41 PDT 2009

hi,

as gary wrote mxd is a closed binary format, but don't forget: a
mxd-file only stores the map-projekt (which laysrs should be on the map
and how to display them by colour, linestrength, ...). U can easily
create a similar projekt in QGIS using the same layers and layout like
the author of the mxd-file and save it in a qgis-project-file.

Marco

gustavocanale at pop.com.br schrieb:
> Hi.
> Could anybody tell me what is the most straightforward way to open mxd
> files on Qgis?
> I am a Mac user, and I don't have arcGIS at the moment. I know about
> bootcamp and parallel but I am also working on that. Is that a way to do
> it using only OS X-based softwares?
> Cheers
> Gustavo

FOSSGIS e.V.
die unabhängige Hilfe bei freier GIS-Software und freien Geodaten
www.fossgis.de