[Qgis-user] uploading gpx tracks to device

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Jul 18 22:26:57 PDT 2010

On 19/07/2010 03:28, ropework at shaw.ca wrote:
> Hi Carlos
>
> 	If you are uploading to the Garmin 60c each track needs to be uploaded as a separate file, if you upload a group of tracks as a single file the GPS will link each together
>
> 	Since this seems to be a GPS problem contact me direct if you have questions
>
> Terry
>
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:03:38 -0300
> Carlos Grohmann<carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>  wrote:

Hi Carlos:
Also take note that if you leave the GPS in its "tracking" state, and
turn it off (without first saving the track), then later turn it on at a
new location, the unit will add a track from its last known location to
the new location. If you have returned to the starting point and switch
the unit on again, it will indeed "close" the track.

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm in a field trip in the Amazon, and I need to send some gps track
>> in gpx format to my unit. That is quite easy thanks to the gpsTools
>> plugin (which has some rough edges yet, but it works).
>> The problem is that when I visualize the tracks in my gps, I see that
>> they were 'closed', as if the forst and last points were connected..
>>
>> Has anyone seem this before? (using latest package on Ubuntu 10.4...
>> GPS Garmin 60Csx)
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> --
>> Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
>> Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
>> http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano
>> http://lattes.cnpq.br/5846052449613692
>> Linux User #89721

Micha Silver