[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 04:22:06 PDT 2010

Hi Noli,

the Python Plugin Installer shows the unsatisfied dependencies yet.

After the error message you should see the "Error loading plugin"
dialog which says to you there are unfulfilled dependencies.

Instead it's strange to see the error message!
Trying to install other plugin with unsatisfied dependencies I don't
see it, but the "error loading plugin" dialog only.

So it's an abnormal plugin behaviour.

Cheers.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this problem is very typical problem for plugins with
> dependencies with other python packages.
>
> It would have been better if plugins would show the dependecies
> message so user could download and install the package.
>
> In this case, just tell the user to download and install the matplotlib
> package.
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/installing.html
>
> Noli
>

> On 7/26/10, Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Except that will remove all plugins! What you probably really want is:
> >
> > rm -rf /Users/hermanpalaquium/.qgis/python/plugins/contour
> >
> > Which will only remove the contour plugin, which is failing to load
> > because matplotlib isn't installed...
> > I think you can also do this from the Python plugin installer by
> > selecting to remove the plugin?
> >
> > Carson
> >
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File
> >>
> "/Applications/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py",
> >> line 119, in loadPlugin
> >>     __import__(packageName)
> >>   File
> "/Users/hermanpalaquium/.qgis//python/plugins/contour/__init__.py",
> >> line 28, in
> >>     from contour import Contour
> >>   File
> "/Users/hermanpalaquium/.qgis//python/plugins/contour/contour.py",
> >> line 38, in
> >>     import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> >> ImportError: No module named matplotlib.pyplot
> >
> > --
> > Carson J. Q. Farmer
> > ISSP Doctoral Fellow
> > National Centre for Geocomputation
> > National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
> > http://www.carsonfarmer.com/

Giuseppe Sucameli