AW: Re: AW: Re: [Qgis-user] INTERLIS plugin on mac

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Tue Oct 12 00:28:32 PDT 2010

Hi Annina

> Just a queston:  It seems only INTERLIS 1 is supported?
> Are there plans to support INTERLIS 2 too?
As for ogr2ogr INTERLIS 2 is supported [1]. A quick look into the plugin
code shows that the first problem is the file chooser which allows you
to select only *.itf files. I changed this to *.xml and *.xtf. I can now
select also INTERLIS 2 files but after hitting the ok button qgis
crashes... I then tried to open the INTERLIS 2 file as a normal vector
layer (with the default vector layer dialog). This kills qgis too and
you would have no model support (but is it necessary for INTERLIS 2
since it doesn't have to polygonize the geometries). Last attempt with
the console:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" shp2/
Test23_erweitert.xml,Test23_erweitert.ili

This is just another frustration:

Info: Folder /usr/local/bin/standard doesn't exist; ignored
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Without the model it works and creates all the shapes. I don't know if
the crashes are due to our installation. Does it work for you? I'm not
sure if I ever used INTERLIS 2 before. But I'm sure it should work.
Perhaps Pirmin (ogr2ogr interlis driver guru) can give you more
information.

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_ili.html

regards
Stefan