[Qgis-user] Qgis, Postgres Data exchange, Graticule

Marco mklicker at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 08:43:44 PDT 2010

Dear Qgis community and experts,

it is only some days since I try to use qgis (Tethys) and have to confess
that it is a great GIS compliation.

Maybe I can trigger an improvement, maybe there already is a solution for
the tiny problem I have.

I would like to directly get postgres - data into qgis with a few mouse
clicks

Having Data in a postgres database like:

Header: Place, Zipcode, number of oaktrees, latitude, longitude, alitude

Data:     Horn, 32805, 123090, 8.91, 51,87, 270

.

.

.

Data:    ...,...,

The workaround I'm using now is to copy paste the data queried by pgadmin
into MS-Editor, add a header, save it as a textfile

and from qgis using the Delimited Text Plugin !

This works, but I'd like to get it more easy and maybe in addition to
connect to a Postgres-view for easy update.

Using the PostGIS/Postgres connection fails because the data available is
not compliant.

By the way, in the Kore version of QGis a graticule tool was available. Is
there such a tool for Tethys too? So, how to add a graticule to a
qgis(Tethys)-map?

I would be very grateful receiving your helpful suggestions.

All the best

Marco Klicker
Clara-Schumann Str. 22
41352 Korschenbroich