[Qgis-user] how to group a classified unique symbology in the layer properties box

pevins pevins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:15:15 PDT 2011

Say I have classified polygons based on a column in the .dbf, but there are
just too many values in that classification thereby producing 100 different
symbols/colours for one shapefile. How can I group some of those values to
be represented by the same colour/symbol? I can select several values in the
layer properties pop-up, but I cannot group them.

This is not about grouping layers in the layer box. It is about applying and
rationalizing symbology in a single layer.

Any help is much appreciated.