[Qgis-user] SIP problem on startup

John washakie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:53:52 PST 2011

Ah, okay... done. Now the SIP problem returns :/

Couldn't load PyQGIS.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the qgis.core
module requires API v7.1

Python version:
2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 16:41:53)
[GCC 4.4.5]

QGIS version:
1.7.0-Trunk 'Trunk', 15175M

it seems I need to 'downgrade' my SIP module, or could a patch be
included in the nightly build to lessen the restriction? It seems a
check is being done to confirm that the SIP module is v7.1, is it
necessary that it can be set to be "at least" 7.1?

--john

--
Configuration