[Qgis-user] How to use "Capture points" on OS X?

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Thu Feb 17 10:08:24 PST 2011

I am trying to add a several simple points to a vector layer of North America (to represent site locations). It appears from the documentation that the work flow should be:

Toggle editing to "on"
Use Capture point to place the point
Enter attribute values

If this is correct, I am stuck in that I can't seem to locate the Capture point button. I can turn on editing, and see the Capture line and move feature buttons. Any suggestions as to where I should look for the Capture point button.

I am running QGIS 1.6 on OS X snow leopard.

Thanks