[Qgis-user] Editing polygons

Kai-Christian Bruhn bruhn at fh-mainz.de
Tue Jun 28 07:17:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

your problem is the topology of the polygon. Your data are known as
spaghetti-data, i.e. each area needs a complete polygon, "shared"
boundaries are two linestrings.

Best way would be to get into grass. After importing your data into the
GRASS database, you will have benefit of full topology.

Make your edits within GRASS and later export the data back into e.g.
shapefile.

Lot's of documentation on handling vectordata within GRASS is available
in different web-ressources. Just search for GRASS vector import edit

Best

Kai