[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS disappears: Right Desktop?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Jun 30 01:04:58 PDT 2011

> I have a problem with QGIS 'master' (OS ubuntu 11.10), ie, after the
> run and appears Splash Screen 'QGIS Master' then there is no more (not
> working). Please help. thanks

Maybe it's the same i experienced already in previous versions under
ubuntu: qgis starts with the splash screen and after that, there is no
program visible.
In my case i found out, that qgis starts in the next desktop to the right
 from the desktop you started it.
I do not know exactly how to solve this (editing the starting parameters
manually i assume), but in the classic version, right-click qgis in the
program window bar and select to move it to the next left desktop to have
it again back to "normal".