[Qgis-user] qgis Problems

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:25:53 PST 2011

Am 23.11.2011 10:53, schrieb Etmond Cauli:
> Hi,
> Im useing the Qgis 1.7.2 and i have two problems
>
> 1) the first is when i go to the settings > project properties this icon
> is displayed to me the following error:
> Could not open CRS database /resources/srs.db<br>Error(14): unable to
> open database file
> Indead in the project properties windws the Coordinate Reference
> System(CRS)
> Geographic Coordinate Systems and Projected Coordinate Systems
> are not listing the projections.
>
> 2) The second problem is with Fetch python Plugin window. It is not
> listed under the pluging tab.
>
> I found other forum with the same problems but not detailed suggestions.
> I re-install qgis and all the dependecies nathing change.
> Do you have any idea how i can solve the problem.

Did you compile yourself from source?
Usually the first problem is solved by deleting the build and the
install directory and rebuilding and installing again..

For the second Problem: It seems that python bindings are not available
on your system ..
Did you change something recently on your system?

Other tips ar just vague guesses before having any further details about
your system and how you get your qgis running (Windows? repository? self
compiled?)

Hope that helps as a first start
regards
Werner