[Qgis-user] Problem importing raster file

Anna Hodgkinson anna.hodgkinson at thehumanjourney.net
Wed Nov 23 04:01:21 PST 2011

Hi Jay,

Yes, this has been resolved. Did you use the option to "Import loaded raster and create fitted location"?
Then:
Instead of selecting to view the imported raster in the current location, which brings up that error, you must first close your GRAS toolbox, then go to "Open mapset" and select the new location you just created using that raster.
Then you should be able to add that raster layer to your QGIS project.
This worked for Hannah, and I managed to replicate the problem by simply hitting "View results" at the end of the import process.
Just open the new location you just created.

Hope this helps.
All the best,
Anna

Anna Kathrin Hodgkinson MA MSt (Oxon) AIFA EES
Supervisor Geomatics

Oxford Archaeology: Exploring the Human Journey
Mobile: +44 (0)7906 638308 (personal)
Direct Dial: +44 (0)1865 980 855
http://thehumanjourney.net