[Qgis-user] no categorized symbol for varchar field

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Dec 13 03:28:22 PST 2012

Dear list,

I have a PostGIS layer with some 400000 points in it. I have two fields
in the layer, one is integer, the other varchar. The fields do not
correspond (no redundancy), however in both is a similar amount of
classes (144 vs. 200). Trying to style categorized works with the
integer field, but using the varchar field to categorize results in no
points being displayed.
The integer field is indexed, the varchar field is not, but I do not see
how that should matter.
Any ideas? (Except creating a new integer field with one value for each
varchar value).

I am using (about 8 days old) master on 64bit Linux.

regards

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7795 (20121213) __________

http://www.eset.com