[Qgis-user] QGIS and new spatialite driver

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 02:36:55 PST 2012

Hi,

I see some time ago was updated the driver for spatialite.

But as I try to use it I see that really qgis do't allow use the new
splite 4.0 format. :(

It Say-ing simply "obsolete libspatialite, use v4.0".
Surely this is better than before when qgis simply crash brutally.

But I guees perhaps should be better to be capable to use the new 4.0 format. :)

As some test I understand that it wait for a new version of "spatialite.dll".

I try to substitute it with the dll available on the spatialite site,
but it dont seem to be compatible.
Perhaps it use a different compiler.

However, I guess the right solution is to add this library
(spatialite.dll) to the osgeo4w-setup libraries.
Infact actuallly it is not contained in the list of libraries and I
dont know why, so it is impossible to understand what version is
actually hold in that container.

But before open ticket on osgeo4w for ask this update I like to know
if is this correctly the missing operation to be able to use the new
spatialite 4.0 format.

Thx,