[Qgis-user] Publishing my map

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Jan 30 09:17:14 PST 2012

Here would be my suggestions based on your needs.

1.)  Make a PDF of the map.  (the tools for making layer controls in PDFs exist, but are not easy to implement manually)

2.) Use something like OpenLayers or GeoMoose to display the map layers separately for user control (allows for the most flexibility for both publishing as well as user interaction)

bobb

>>> Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

As part of my Geology thesis I need to present a map for which I have used QGIS to produce the map. However the printed map contains a lot less information because of space constraints. There is two options as far as I can see for making the digital map available to my lecturers for marking. One is via the viewer and the second via a custom web page. I were unable to see a working demo of the web based map. The only functionality I require is for people to be able to view the map turn on and off layers and zoom in/out. Based on this requirements does anyone have any alternative suggestions maybe a very large svg copy?, or any tips/tricks? Also a working link to a online map would be appreciated if anyone could share that.

Best Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis