[Qgis-user] default print template

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Sun Jun 10 15:26:11 PDT 2012

" ...,  I don't want to each time I open the composer to load the template,
..."

Well, if you create a new QGIS project, in the print composer you have only
to load a template (*.qgt) once. It will be saved with the project file
(*.qgs). Actually you can load and save several templates/map compositions
in the map composer of a QGIS project. You may also rename or delete them,
if you like.

There will never be a template that will satisfy the needs of all/many
users. A good idea could be creating a collection of templates for different
purposes, so users might choose and download their favorites - similar like
with the plugins.

Regards, Christine