[Qgis-user] Forestry Week? (was Case sensitive)

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Tue Mar 13 14:12:28 PDT 2012

I just started using QGIS. I used a conservation copy of ArcMap before. Now
after a week or so on this list I can see that what I could do with ArcMap,
I will be able to do with QGIS. Therefore, I'll be using QGIS for all my
mapping needs.
That is I will delineate all stands, join soil information from a USDA
database to a soil polygons, draw lake and wetland buffers, and other basic
mapping tasks. I hope to extend to incorporate more database information to
the map like species density information and volume information. I guess
about all information in forestry has a spatial component therefore may be
and possibly should be incorporated in a GIS. For me that is a little work
in progress. :)
Jake