[Qgis-user] rendering problem in print composer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 14 23:25:25 PDT 2012

 Hi Jake,

 This sounds very strange. Is this only happening in the print composer
 preview or also in the actual print out (PDF or real print out).

 Older QGIS versions (1.7 and below) did not show the print previews in
 the print composer with the correct scalings (the map extent was
 correct, but symbol sizes, line-widths and text sizes were not (usually
 drawn bigger compared to the print out)).

 In your case I would recommend that you create an SVG file with your
 birdhouse (you can do that in Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator). You then
 can use this bird house SVG file to represent your bird house symbol.

 Hope this helps,
 Andreas

 On Mon, 14 May 2012 17:11:59 -0400, Jake Maier wrote:
> I created a custom point, (stylist bird house) and it looks like a
> birdhouse
> in QGIS but when I bring the map into print composer the lines are
> misplaced. Creating the bird house, I lowered respective raised a
> straight
> line and turned it 90 degrees for floor and ceiling and used a > 90
> degrees
> turned as roof. Again it all looks ok when displayed in qgis but when
> bring it into the print composer all part seem to print on the same
> level
> and not turned 90 degrees. Strangely the legend prints the houses
> correctly.
>
> Did I find my second bug or do I just miss an important step?
> Can anyone please help?
> Jake

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A