[Qgis-user] Qgis crashes frequently when digitizing streams over WMS images

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sun May 20 11:15:25 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-20 at 09:01 +0100, Filipe Silva Dias wrote:
> Hi Giovanni.
>
> Yes it happens on a different machine, with a clean installation. Did
> you "push" things? Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to crash, but
> on other ocasions it takes about 10 minutes (both with Bing images and
> IGP images). Could it be related to the WMS server and with how QGIS
> deals with any problems coming from the "other end"?

I launched windows 7, qgis 1.8, added your data and added the wms
overlays + other geotiff rasters. Started to edit and done everything I
could think about (but not used 3rd party plugins... by the way, did you
any 3rd party plugin before your tests?)... no crashes while adding,
moving, merging, cutting, etc.

cheers

-- Giovanni --