[Qgis-user] Compiling QGIS on Windows7: missing batch files

redfrex christina_ludwig at gmx.net
Fri Aug 2 01:10:11 PDT 2013

Hey,

I'm trying to build QGIS 1.8 on Windows 7 following these instructions
(https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/INSTALL).

Building QGIS on MSVC express 2008 works without any error messages and also
the QGIS folder and all the executables are created in C:/Program
Files/qgis1.8.0. I can also start QGIS by running the qgis.exe file, however
there is no bin/qgis.bat file, which is normally used to start QGIS or any
other batch files.

Am I missing something or does that mean that something went wrong during
the compilation process?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)