[Qgis-user] combine field calculator functions

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:24:49 PDT 2013

... or perhaps you can:

0. Add the new column, acording type od data and length and... save and
close QGIS (no data added).
1. Open the *.DBF table with LibreOffice Calc or MS Excel, to take
advantage of their functions
2.  Calc-Excel formulas would be taken as text, so you have to overwrite
them with their own results
3.  Save (as *.DBF).
4. Open the shape in QGIS. It will have the new data.
5. An "advanced" step 2 is add new columns directly in Calc/Excel. For
that, watch the headers: they have: name_of_camp , type_of_data , lenght

Good luck

Carlos Cerdán