[Qgis-user] WMS layer not working in QGIS

Rob L Robert.Langford at salford.gov.uk
Tue Dec 10 23:32:18 PST 2013

Jonathan,

I'm getting the same error here in QGIS and I can load it in Arc.

If I try and load the GetCapabilities in Cadcorp SIS I get the below
message:

    /unable to open file
'http://uatinspire.landregistry.gov.uk/u1c/schemas/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd'

    XML error at line 1, column 870:
    fatal error during schema scan
    SystemID:
http://inspire.landregistry.gov.uk/inspire/ows?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS/

And if I try to access the above .xsd file I get a 404:

    /HTTP Status 404 - Resource Not Found
    URI /schemas/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd does not map to any
message flow in broker U1C1BRK

    WebSphere Message Broker 8002/

Maybe Arc isn't as picky when validating the schema?

Rob