[Qgis-user] Help! Problem with labels

mgincnj michael.goldstein7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 06:15:32 PST 2013

I'm running GQIS 2.0.1 on an oldish iMac running OS-X 10.6.8.  I'm a very
sophisticated computer user and have used various open source GIS products
for very limited purposes.  However, QGIS has inspired me to go a lot
farther, and for the first time I'm actually trying to generate full maps
straight out of the system (previously I would label in photoshop, for
example).  So I'm struggling with a labeling system for the first time.

I'm able to do simple labeling (i.e. define a label field and have it
print).  I am also able to follow the instructions in this thread to define
fields in the file to hold offsets, rotation, etc, and can activate the
controls to do these operations.  However, when I do that, the label then
disappears.  The feature is still in the attribute table, and it is actually
storing the offsets, but no label appears.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Michael