[Qgis-user] i.vi not available in QGIS wiith grass tools enabled

Wesley Roberts jwesroberts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:16:09 PST 2013

Hi All,

I am interested in calculating some vegetation indices from Landsat
imagery. I see that grass gis has a i.vi tool which calculates several
indices of interest. This application is not available from the grass GIS
plugin using QGIS 1.8. Will I need a more updated version of grass to make
use of this tool? I have version 6.4 running on Ubuntu 12.04 and windows 7
64bit. Should I install GRASS GIS version 7?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Wesley

--
Dr Wesley Roberts