[Qgis-user] Problem loading map using QGIS web client on Windows 7

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 24 01:46:43 PST 2013

 Hi,

 Did you fire a browser development tool (like Firebug or the Chrome Dev
 tools) and watch the network requests?

 The first network request the webclient is doing is the GetCapabilities
 (or GetProjectSettings request).

 Actually, a likely cause is that you have an older version of QGIS
 server and the client is using GetProjectSettings, which is only
 available since a few months in QGIS server.

 So - looking at the network requests - you should see whether a
 GetCapabilities command is issued or a GetProjectSettings command.

 If you have an older QGIS server and want to switch to GetCapabilities
 instead of GetProjectSettings, you can do so by setting

 var useGetProjectSettings = false; //default is true

 Does this help?

 Andreas

 On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:07:28 -0800 (PST), zbynek wrote:
> Thanks,
> that was part of the problem, however not all of it.
> Now I corrected the link, but still, the problem pertains.
>
> I found that the problem is in layerTree object, namely
> layerTree.root.firstChild is null, therefore
> layerTree.selectPath(layerTree.root.firstChild.getPath()); doesnt
> return
> anything and program is stuck in loading mode
>
> zbynek
>

> --

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A