[Qgis-user] KML to SHP - max. 80 letters TXT fields

Compservice Agro Valigursky agro at compservice.sk
Wed Jul 3 23:50:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

When I was looking for solution of my problem, I've found your website.

I am regular user of QGIS. Using this for conversion from KML to SHP.

But now i have faced one problem.

If you would be so kind and find one minute, to help me with this problem,

My steps, what I do:

I add in QGIS vector layers, specifically KML file. Added KML contains
labels in length cca 200 letters.

After adding, is everything ok,  I see whole length of labels.

Then I save layer in format Shape.

But in this step, my labels get uncut to length only 80 letters.

Apparently it is necessary to modify the structure of the fields to more
length.

But It's problem to do it.

Can you help me?

PeVa