[Qgis-user] where to install qgis-web-client on Mac OSX 10.8.4

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Jul 9 06:20:58 PDT 2013

Hi Marcel,

the way to call your QGIS server is something like:
http://localhost/qgis-mapserv/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=<path_to_your_map>/yourmap.qgs?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3
to get the server's capabilites
be sure to know the possible requests a WMS server can reply to, see
e.g. [1]

The client accesses the server and not vice versa.

Steps to do:
1) Install QGIS server (done)
2) Feed QGIS server with a qgis project (*.qgs file)
3) access QGIS server from a WMS client (e.g. QGIS desktop) to verify it
is running and delivers maps.
4) install and configure QWC, see [2]

Bernhard

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service