[Qgis-user] Customized projection

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Jul 11 08:23:03 PDT 2013

Good Morning to you!

So if I understand the entire question correctly - Yes that is how I
would do it (but I'm not a geographer, Mathematician, and/or Geodetic
person)  . You set the custom projection under Settings -> custom CRS in
the QGIS menus (at the top).  The projection (once set) will show up as
a choice for your data for display or reprojection. Just give it a name
and don't forget to save it.

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc