[Qgis-user] QGIS with SAGA in macos

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 12 21:01:33 PDT 2013

I don't remember if there was an error running SAGA commands when I was checking things out.  I do remember that compiling SAGA 2.0.x was a problem on OS X and 2.1 dev source or RC is required.

I only tested the theissen polygons that Sextante uses as a test for the presence of SAGA.

What SAGA command are you running, and is it from Sextante (in QGIS), or in SAGA (not in QGIS)?

Where did you get your SAGA - did you compile from source, or was a binary from somewhere?  I compiled just the commands, without any GUI or python, neither used in sextante.

On Jun 12, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Victor Olaya wrote:

> Error 1 sounds to me like a wrong SAGA version. It must be 2.0.8. I
> remember having seen taht same error in someone using 2.1.
>
> Error 2 was fixed yesteday, it was caused by the new SIP API
>
> Cheers
>
> Victor
>
> 2013/6/11 Agustin Diez-Castillo <gvsig.mac at gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> Some time ago, there were discussion on this list about running saga in qgis
>> for mac. As of today, the good news are that in master 499db4e it seems that
>> the saga commands run [1], however results are not as expected. If I leave
>> the raster as a temporary file something (ERROR 1: Writing through
>> VRTSourcedRasterBand is not supported) goes wrong, when I try to the same
>> but saving the result a python error [2] doesn't allow me to create the
>> desired tif.
>> Some saga command producing vector results run OK.
>> This time I was on macos 10.8.4.
>> Best
>> Agustin

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy