[Qgis-user] QGIS install fail on Ubuntu 12.04

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Mar 18 12:37:24 PDT 2013

Am 18.03.2013 19:57, schrieb Lee:
> In general, the error messages are generated upon launch of QGIS. I cannot
> even get to a point where I have the option of installing plugins. There is
> no option to "fetch python plugins."

Yes, this is a follow.up to the missing python package.

Try this:
Open Ubuntu software center
Edit -> Software package sources
"Other Software" tab
There should be two entries for ubuntugis-unstable (and nothing from
ubuntugis-stable)
close the window

click on "AllSoftware", and enter qt4 in the search field
You should have installed python-qt4 4.9.1-2ubuntu1
If not, you should do it manually.

click on the dropdown box next to "All Software", and select
ubuntugis-unstable. You should have QGIS, and a note that 177 files are
hidden. Click on that link. You should get a list of all packages from
ubuntugis, including python-qgis. Clicking on that, you should get
information on the version python-qgis 1.8.0-1~precise3, and if it is
installed or not.

Greetings,
André Joost