[Qgis-user] Polygon digitalization

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Mar 19 13:11:46 PDT 2013

Hi Bert

I know quite a few people (including me) who ran into the same, pretty
anoying, problem.

And in general it is a known issue. See: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/2921
Did I understand you correctly that you already tried the workaround Marco
suggests at the end of the ticket? This would indicate that activating
topological editing is not enough (at least not in QGIS 1.8)...
Did you also try activating snapping on lines and nodes as well?

>From my personal point of view this issue is a mayor obstacle of using QGIS
for digitising (though the digitising functions otherwise are really good
and handy). I would really love to see a propper fix for that and that
digitizing can not silently end up in incorrect results.

At least you could clean your already digitised and incorrect data using
GRASS and the topological vector format there...

Cheers
Stefan