[Qgis-user] configuring OTB toolbox

Johanna.Botman at griffith.nsw.gov.au Johanna.Botman at griffith.nsw.gov.au
Wed Nov 13 16:39:26 PST 2013

Hi again,

I'm still going nowhere quite rapidly on this question. I persuaded our IT
folk to follow Donovan's instructions (below) but no joy.

Can anyone tell me what file path they have if they are using Win 7 64 bit?

_______________
Johanna Botman
GIS / Assets Officer

Griffith City Council
Ph: 02 6962 8168

> Hey Johanna, I just got OTB working today.
>
> Here's what I did, because I did notice that it isn't installed
> through the Stand Alone QGIS installer or the 64bit OSGeo4W packager.
>
> Download both:
> (1) otb-bin and (2) otb-python tar.bz2 files from
> http://orfeo-toolbox.org/packages/nightly/latest
> These are nightly builds, but the only place I've found with current
> Windows files needed for processing toolbox. So you can come back and
> get them everyday if you like =P
>
> They both contain a tar file after you first extract them.
> Extract the contents of those tar files (you should see folders like
> apps, bin, etc) to your QGIS directory so they merge with your
> existing apps, bin and etc folders.
> If you installed with OSGeo4W, you simply drop them into the OSGeo4W
> folder, for example.
>
> Now you should be able to simply activate the OTB tools in the
> "providers" config window for the processing toolbox without having to
> specify a path to the OTB libs and such. They should be found
> automatically.
>

> Donovan

Please consider the environment before printing this email notice.

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s. Confidentiality is not waived if
you are not the intended recipient. Any other distribution, use of,
or reproduction without prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual, except
where specifically stated otherwise. If this e-mail has been sent to
you in error, please delete the e-mail completely and immediately from
your system. Although reasonable precautions are taken, Griffith City
Council does not warrant or guarantee this message to be free of errors,
interference,viruses or similar malicious code and does not accept
liability for any consequences to the recipient opening or using this
email or attachments.
This email was scanned and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal and Norman AV