[Qgis-user] QGIS Web CLient: Changing Zoom Levels

Gunnar Oehmichen oehm8895 at uni-landau.de
Fri Nov 15 03:14:54 PST 2013

Hello there,

Im using the Qgis-Web-Cleint quite successfully now for publishing
project accomplishments. Also Thanks for the Improvement of
incorporating Base Layers. But in my version of the webclient (checked
out on 08th of Oct 2013) I am not able to find a possibility to prevent
the viewer from zooming further into the map than for example 1:1000.

This results in a displacement of the background layer (google
sattelite) which is not zoomed any further and the layers weve added.
Quite nasty...

Neither enabling:

// OpenLayers global options
// see
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.10/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Map-js.html
var MapOptions = {
   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:"+epsgcode),
   units: "m",
//  maxScale:1000,
//  minScale:40000000,
  // numZoomLevels:20,
   fractionalZoom: enableBGMaps ? false : true,
   transitionEffect:"resize",
   controls: []
};

Did the trick, nor

//overview map settings - do not change variable names!
var OverviewMapOptions = {
   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:"+epsgcode),
   units: "m",
   maxScale:1000,
   minScale:250000000,
   transitionEffect:"resize"
};

Am I missunderstanding something here (which sometimes does not suprise
me) or is an option like this missing?

Butt still, thanks a lot for developing this easy usable Web-Mapping-Client
--
Gunnar Oehmichen
Quantitative Landscape Ecology