[Qgis-user] Distinct Colors for American Map

Sasa Sullivan sasssaa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 17:09:41 PST 2013

I am learning QGIS and know the general instructions on how to color code
areas through the Style feature but am not able to get a distinct color per
state for a map of the USA, maybe it is my source as I don't see one listed
that encompasses the state shape only.

Also I only need the state, city and county boundaries, if someone has a
scaled down Open Source shape files for the USA it would be helpful as I
don't have unlimited hard drive space for the ones I have found

Sasa