[Qgis-user] data defined style with $scale

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 19 02:59:12 PST 2013

Hi Stefan,

This seems logical to me. The data-defined styling only changes a
graphical property. It does not control whether a feature is drawn or
not. You could set it to fully transparent, but this would still fetch
features and draw them (though invisible).

If you want to suprress features above a certain level you may do that
on the layer level in the "General settings" (or something similar).

The labels individually allow to suppress labels based on a column or
expression, but the data-defined symbology does not allow that so far.
It would be a new feature to ask for.

Andreas