[Qgis-user] Saga Kriging interpolation

Julian Bogdani jbogdani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 06:34:24 PDT 2013

Hello all,
I'm trying to get the saga tools work in Qgis 2 (2.0.1-3) on MacOS 10.6.8. I also tried on Win (Vista, latest QGIS) without success.
I have a shapefile of points and I want to create a grid trying to use the Ordinary kriging Saga function.
I get the following error:

Oooops! The following output layers could not be open

Grid: /Users/gis/Desktop/tmp/one.tif
Variance: /gis/jbogdani/tmp/gisreggio/two.tif
The above files could not be opened, which probably indicates that they were not correctly produced by the executed algorithm

Checking the log information might help you see why those layers were not created as expected

This algorithm requires SAGA to be run. A test to check if SAGA is correctly installed and configured in your system has been performed, with the following result:

SAGA seems to be correctly installed and configured

In processing options everything seems to be OK (see the attached image). I get similar errors in windows too.

-----
Julian Bogdani
jbogdani at gmail.com
http://bradypus.net