[Qgis-user] Is there a limit for the nb. of vector layers in a QGIS Project ???

Paulo Gali Macedo pgmacedo at fc.up.pt
Thu Oct 17 17:54:13 PDT 2013

	Hi Fellows,

	Being a Rooky (beginner) in using QGIS, I would like to know
if there is a limit for the number of vector layers in a QGIS Project.

	The reason for my question has to do with a problem I
encountered when using QGIS in a Project.
	The project has to do with plotting several routes (vector
layers) over a Google Earth + an SRMT raster layers. The Vector
layers where imported from .gpx files.
	I was doing the job gradually one by one, until when I was
given by QGIS the message that it didn't recognize one of the .gpx
layers as a valid layer.
	To try to understand why, I had a look at the structure of
the file and found no reason whatsoever for the QGIS refusal to
accept it and convert it to a vector file.
	I then constructed another project, with the same base raster
layers, and started to add Vector layers in the same way as
before,... Starting exactly by the .gpx file I had been refused
before to read... And... Boom... the file was red without any
problems...!!!

	Has anybody in this list found a similar problem...???

	If so, is there any answer to avoid this limit problem...???

	On waiting for your answer, I thank you in advance.

	Best Wishes to You All

	Paulo Gali Macedo
--
Paulo Gali Macedo