[Qgis-user] two problems

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:53:32 PDT 2014

That sip error has me stumped, the only thing I could guess is that
for some reason QGIS compiled against python3 and maybe sip for
python3 is not installed.
It should of built against python2.

Do you get anything that looks useful in an strace when starting QGIS
from the command line? I'd recommend looking at that, though I'm not
personally the best at reading those things, but sometimes something
does stand out.

Donovan

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Tomas Lanczos <tlanczos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to mention - the "import sip" command within the python2
> interpreter went without error messages.
>

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Tomas Lanczos <tlanczos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank You for Your quick answer Donovan,
>>
>> tha grass error was solved,
>> the installation proceed wtithout any problem after removing the
>> #    -DWITH_MAPSERVER=TRUE \
>> line from the PKGBUILD script. I really don't know what was wrong with it
>>
>> the sip error remains. Do You think that it should help reinstall the sip?
>>
>> Tomas
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Donovan Cameron <sault.don at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've noticed some users reporting that error too.
>>>
>>> But I use a custom build of grass 6 which I've uploaded to my dropbox[1]
>>> - can you give it a try?
>>> I can't figure out why QGIS has trouble finding that folder during
>>> configuration.
>>>
>>> As for the sip error... One of the QGIS dependencies is python2-sip so it
>>> should be able to import the sip module when it starts.
>>>
>>> Are you able to run...
>>>
>>> % python2
>>>
>>> ...without errors?
>>>

>>> Donovan
>>>
>>> [1] https://db.tt/ClXi7MsC
>>>

>>> On 06/08/14 03:44 PM, Tomas Lanczos wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everybody.
>>>
>>> I'd like to install qgis 2.4 on my Manjaro box, using the AUR (Arch
>>> linux) repository - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qgis/
>>> In fact, it is a compilation process, with a source cod downloaded from
>>> git://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git#branch=release-2_4
>>>
>>> PROBLEM NO. 1
>>>
>>> if I compile it without grass support, the compilation/installation
>>> process is going out without problem, but after starting qgis, I got the
>>> following error message:
>>>
>>> ouldn't load SIP module.
>>> Python support will be disabled.
>>>

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "", line 1, in
>>> ImportError: No module named sip
>>>

>>> Python version:
>>> 2.7.8 (default, Jul  1 2014, 17:30:21)
>>> [GCC 4.9.0 20140604 (prerelease)]
>>>
>>> QGIS version:
>>> 2.4.0-Chugiak 'Chugiak', ed14cf3
>>>
>>> Python path:
>>> ['/usr/share/qgis/python', u'/home/tomas/.qgis2/python',
>>> u'/home/tomas/.qgis2/python/plugins', '/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins',
>>> '/home/tomas', '/usr/share/qgis/python', '/usr/local/lib/python27.zip',
>>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7', '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2',
>>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
>>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',