[Qgis-user] Enhancing Raster Images

G. Garibaldi digitalmaps at cox.net
Tue Aug 12 10:21:42 PDT 2014

Beginning with a black and white raster, black lines on a white
background, I'd like to end up with a raster image with no white
background with only the black lines showing. Additionally, I'd like the
black lines to be a different color, bright red, bright green, etc.

This is what I've done:

Select raster layer properties>color rendering>blending mode>burn.

This removes the white background and shows only the black lines.

Going further and selecting properties>hue>colorize only lightly tints
the black lines to the selected color, not really the desired result.

How can I make the properties>hue>colorize change the black lines to
some bright highly saturated color?