[Qgis-user] OpenStreetMap Error

Glenn Weller glenn_d_weller at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 12:19:41 PDT 2014

Hi Laura,

I tried it both ways. I started out using the original project I created using QGIS 1.8 and, of course, it didn't work. So I recreated the same project using QGIS 2.2 and I got the same error.

After playing with plug-ins for a while I found one (TileMapScalePlugin) that would add a street layer. However it is lower resolution that I would like and the three layers to choose from (osm_bikemaps.xml, osm_landscape.xml, and osm_mapnik.xml) are really not what I was looking for.

I also received a response from André who wondered if I was trying to map too large an area (like the entire U.S.). I am trying to obtain a Google/Yahoo map for an area in central California that I have been able to successfully map in QGIS 1.8. I doubt that the area I am trying to map is too large.

I suppose I forgot to mention it but I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

Thank you.

Glenn